Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Antonia's Family Fall

Here is a little update from what has been happening in Morningside. Antonia has been having fun playing with friends and having very special visitors: her Morfar (Maffoo) and Aunt Sara (Ossi). It's been sunny and warm and we've been taking advantage of the yard for art projects and gardening. We have a lot of very interesting toddler conversations, and I'm always surprised at what words Antonia picks up here and there. Some gems: 

"Mama! Your hair looks so pretty today! I can have M&Ms?" 

"Papa say I can have some chocolate. That's a good plan, Mama?" 
 
Lion King comes on the radio. "Hey! That's Lion King! You recognize it, huh, Mama?"

Me: "Babis, when you were a baby, you always made me rub your feet before bed." 
Babis: "Ya and I crawling crawling on blankets! But I'm not a baby now! I'm a big girl and I get so big so big and I can talk so much and then I can drink beer!" 

Waking up from a nap: "Mama? What's going to happen to us?" Me: "Uhhhh" Babis: "Are we going to have snack and stay at my house? Play with my toys? That's a good plan?" 

She had her 2.5 year appt at the doctor's and was very brave and mature. When the Dr. came in she said, "Hi Dr. Shaver! You can have some apple!" When he said he was going to look for a bunny in her ear she let him. When he was done she said, "Where's the bunny? You take it out?" 


First day of school 

The cat was not having it. 

Playing with Verona and Figo

Tilly came for breakfast and bed jumping



I had to get the feet. Too much!

Antonia will follow Tilly anywhere. 


A family art project turned messy. 







Rolling with it

Happy to report she falls asleep on her own, and has for the past few months. We just leave her with a little light on and some books and she gets herself situated and falls asleep when ready. Kangaroo makes a good pillow. 

She's also fascinated with the outdoors, and with all types of insects.  Here we were collecting slugs off of my lettuce. Antonia was happy to hold them for me. 



Trying the new French bakery. Viennoiserie approved

A lot of make believe play makes it easy for me to get cooking/work done


Obsessed with pregnant ladies and babies in the belly


We took Maffoo to the last regular season baseball game. 


It happened to be during nap time, which made for a grumpy child


Naked reading in the sun.  

Ossi came for Maffoo's birthday weekend!


Apple picking! 











Happy birthday Maffoo!!


A giant rubber ducky came to visit Pittsburgh as part of an international art installation by Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman 



Learning to follow the lines in a maze. A few months ago this was NOT possible.


Playing with Tilly at the Highland Park super playground mid October

We went to the North shore to walk and see the Pittsburgh Pirates play their first post-season game. Notice the 40-ft duck in the background




Dancing like penguins to Mary Poppins with Papa on Sunday night movie night

I've been playing with the Pittsburgh Civic Orchestra and it's been a lot of fun. Here we are in concert with soloist Vladimir Mollov on accordion. 

Don't be fooled. The dog still prefers his distance from the unpredictable child. 

Since she doesn't fall asleep some nights until 10:30, we are experimenting with no naps during the day. On this Sunday last week, our plan backfired.  
She fell asleep at 5:45 eating pasta. Then was up from 9-11. 

Fuel for the baby in belly obsession! Verona's baby brother is coming soon! 


1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Those photos are gorgeous! Also- I think I have the same pic of Tilly and Reg dancing to Mary Poppins! haha! We should have combined movie night!

    ReplyDelete