Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Facebook troubles.

I like facebook. I really do. I'm not one of those people who roll their eyes at peoples' need to update their statuses and tell the "world" they went to the gym. However, I use it sparingly. I've found that sticking to safe topics is better for everyone. Having family and friends from around the world I don't want to offend means I'm limited in my output. In general I thought safe topics were: the weather, pets, food, and baby. I was wrong. And I found this out when one of my so-called friends "un-friended" me because I was putting up too many pictures of my gorgeous and incredibly edible daughter. Some 30-somethings are just anti-baby. Another grad-student, doing his PhD in Italian lit at NYU jokingly said to me tonight while we were chatting, "Get a blog already!"
So this blog is for all the people who want to see how a PhD student in French Literature at the University of Pittsburgh juggles life, baby, dog, cat, husband, and social life. And in a way it's a way to prove that being a Mama doesn't mean I'm not a person anymore either.
So here goes.

3 comments:

  1. Drea this is a great layout and wonderful idea! You are an amazing women. I look forward to reading in my "spare" time.
    Smiles
    Nicole (Reid) Neely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog so far, can't wait to read more stories and see more pics of the adorable Antonia. Good luck with studying for comps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Smiles indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete