Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Repeat


Another morning obstacle. Woke up to a text from the babysitter (she lives down the street and has 3 boys) saying her oldest has pink eye and a sore throat. So guess who's coming to school with me today? Another day, another 10-month-old class mate! Luckily I have a friend who can watch Antonia while I teach. Finding time to read for my last PhD comp which is in a month is an entirely other matter.

Today I'm teaching the Graphic Novel Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi in my "Approaches to French Literature" class. I'm looking forward to it and I hope my students don't notice that I'm giving them only 75% of my attention. The other part of my brain will be wondering if Antonia is eating pebbles or having a poosplosion leak that I didn't bring extra clothes for...

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to take your class and read Persepolis with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'd like that too. It wasn't the best class. A lot of them hadn't read! And I thought they'd think it would be a fun change of pace to read a graphic novel!

    ReplyDelete