Thursday, September 5, 2013

Cousins' weekend 2013

My mother grew up with four siblings in Tucson, AZ all of whom dispersed across the U.S. after college. In order for us to know our cousins, we started having a family reunion every other year. We would take turns hosting, sometimes meeting in Montana, others in Cape Cod, Rehoboth Beach, or lakes in Massachusetts or Missouri. 
Last year, my cousin Manon decided to renew the tradition with the new generation. She and her husband Alex invited us to their house in Connecticut for our first Cousins' Weekend complete with boating, beaching, eating, and laughing around the fire. We did it again this year and Antonia really loved getting to know her second cousins Margaux and Dash. We drove the 7 hours on Friday afternoon and stayed till Sunday. Believe me, it's worth the driving! 


Sharing a bed with a toddler. I guess I'll sleep curled up at the foot of the bed like a puppy. 

Margaux tunnel on the slide.

Guillaume has just as much fun building towers as the kids do.

Good enthusiasm, Dashie!





Out on the yacht for the afternoon! I should have kept my sunglasses on for this picture. 


It had rained all morning so we were pretty excited to see the sun come out just in time for the boat!







Alex even canonballed hard enough to bust his trunks.

Group shot with significant others. We're missing Alexei and Emilie, and our little cousins in Cali, Katie and Tyler. 

Ariel being serene. (I could have made a mermaid joke)






Manon making sure baby #3 is doing ok.








Girl cousins <3





Da boyz


Golden hour with rosé



Gorgey dinner then campfire time.





I drove on the way home, I swear. 
Thanks to Manon and Alex for such a SPLENDIDLY WONDERFUL weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment