Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Christmas in Bozeman 2013

We spent the whole week before Christmas in Bozeman this year, decorating, baking, eating, and socializing for a second time in preparation for Christmas. It was the first time I'd been home for Christmas in the last 6 years so it felt very special. I reconnected with old friends and had quality time with my mom and sister. Babis got her signature mystery virus 12 hours after arriving. She always seems to get sick after a plane trip. So we spent the first day on the couch with a feverish vomity kid. Luckily I had an amazing book to read as she slept  vommed on me: Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo. I highly recommend it. 

TGIFridays for 2nd lunch before boarding

Plastering the plane with Sesame street stickers

8 a.m. Bozeman: my childhood backyard as seen from the kitchen window. We had fresh snow every day. It was wonderful.

102.4 temperature. Sleeping all day. Didn't even want to watch a movie. That's when you know it's bad. 

Cooper Park




My childhood home on Ninth Ave.



When I was pregnant with Antonia I had Guillaume take a picture of my growing belly every week.  This time around I haven't been as diligent with my records. But here's halfway through: 21 weeks.

Picking out a Christmas tree 2 days before Christmas meant we didn't have a great selection. But we managed to find a cute scraggly one before Sara arrived to start decorating. 




No need for a stroller here! We walked Antonia everywhere with the sled. 

Sister selfie


Downtown at the Baxter for live music and drinks. The golden retriever angel tree ornament was happy to come along. 








We went to an adults only Christmas party, so sat Antonia in the corner with Hercules. She was very good. 


Guapo being a good sleep buddy.

My friend Sheila's car that she painted plaid. 



We attempted to play dominos after dinner one night. This is what happened. (I'm baking, Guillaume is building a tower, my mom is watching a video about a homeless dog that was saved by a local animal shelter, and Sara is playing carols on the piano.)



With my hips all out of whack from pregnancy, we weren't able to do all the fun things Bozeman has to offer. Guillaume and Sara went skiing at Bridger one day, but I was stuck just walking hobbling along trails with crappy views. 









My handsome husband.



It's impossible to get a good family shot of the three of us, apparently. 

This is what happens when strangers on the trail take your picture. 

My old friend Eliza who I haven't seen in years! 

Birthday dinner bison steak. Unfortunately it was gross.



Birthday champagne with mustache.


We set out cookies and milk for Santa and left him a little note. 


Eyeing the presents under the tree. She didn't want to open any for about a half hour, so the adults started first. Strange child. 





Antonia is really good at puzzles and especially liked this new one Santa brought her. 

The best gift was from Aunt Kit. A life-size Bullseye to go with her Woody and Jessie dolls! (From Toy Story) 

















Christmas dinner. A beer-bum chicken. Classy and delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment